I was reading someone’s blog that I’ve been following and she was talking about a little “quirk” she has. I told her we all have them. So while I was getting ready for work I was thinking of a few little oddities about myself and thought that might make an amusing blog. So here goes…
1) When I tweeze my left eyebrow it makes me sneeze
2) I hate bright lights, most mornings I just take a shower with the closet light on. I like those muted yellow toned lights and candles around the house.
3) Now this one is going to sound crazy, but hear me out. Sometimes I wonder if spirits are trying to communicate with me. Many times I am woke out of a sound sleep hearing someone say my name in my ear. It used to scare the “crap” out of me, but not so much anymore
4) Along with number 3, I also wonder if I have telepathic abilities. So many times at work I’m thinking about something I want to say to a player (usually something they need to do/or not do) and within 5 – 10 seconds they do it without me ever having to say anything. Come on, that’s kind of weird, right?
5) I can only sleep on the right side of the bed.
6) I never leave the house without a bottle of water. But I do live in the desert so maybe that’s not so crazy.
7) When I’m at a party and I am bored with a conversation that someone is having with me I don’t really listen to them but I act like I do. I nod my head, say “oh really”, say mmmhhhh. But I’m actually not listening to a word they say. But they don’t know – so it’s not rude, right? Dale will always crack up from across the room when he sees me doing this. Sometimes he’ll come up and whisper in my ear – “you don’t even know what this guy is talking about.” Oh and I nod my head quite a bit also.
8) Sometimes when I travel I bring my pillow. “Baby needs her pillow.”
9) I hate when vegetables touch each other on my dinner plate
10) I use a razor when I need to do maintenance on that annoying hair on my upper lip. Before you say, “Oh no you didn’t,” Dr. Oz says its okay and its not true that it comes in thicker.
So, do I need to check myself into the psych ward? I just think that if you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. What a boring life it would be if we were all the same.
Now, I encourage you to post a comment and list a few of your “quirks.” Come-on don’t be a chicken… I dare you!